Tuesday 18 October 2011

Season of Waiting


I didn't realise that I've been absent from my blog for more than half a year. Sigh... so many things happened, some bad, some good... but I've been grateful so far.

Anyway, I've been enraptured by a new Mandarin series called Bu Bu Jing Xin ('Startling by Each Step'), starring e.g., Liu Shi Shi ('Ruo Xi'), Nicky Wu Qilong ('4th Prince', later 'Emperor Yongzheng'), Kevin Cheng ('8th Prince'), Yuan Hong ('13th Prince'), Lin Gen Xin ('14th Prince') and Damian Lau ('Emperor Kangxi'). The story was based on an internet novel of the same title, written by Miss Tong Hua, which became so famous that it went into print and was adopted into a TV series. The story evolves around a 21st CE working girl that was accidentally transported to early 18th CE Qing Dynasty in China, where she encountered several gorgeous princes, most of them would hurt each other to gain the throne.

I love all the cast, but my favourite is definitely Ruo Xi and 4th Prince. Their love is just too heart wrenching, but too beautiful to ignore. Nicky Wu's performance as 4th Prince should have gained him an 'Oscar' like award, same as LSS' performance as Ruo Xi... but I heard that they might not get it. At least in the fan voting site, the onscreen couple seems to win by a large margin.

Many websites and blogs have dedicated themselves to writing reviews about BBJX, and most of them marked the series as excellent. I can see why. I will tell you what I think of it later, if I have time. But for now, I want to treat myself with Cecilia Liu Shi Shi singing 'Season of Waiting', one of the OST of BBJX.



The translated version is here:




And this is the lyrics:

Season of Waiting

Waiting for Summer, waiting for Autumn
Waiting for the next season
I have to wait until the moon is full again
Before you will return to my side
Shall we meet again?
Can’t help it but missing you
Suddenly want to see your face
That familiar face
Holding hands is unnecessary
As we walk slowly through the snow and drift
Unable to see each other
And we still pine inside for each other
I only want you to know
I am doing just fine
A love for a lifetime, a passion for an eternity
I will wait for you until I grow old
I only want you to know
I can’t let it go and I can’t forget it
Your smile and your care
Is my warm support

Lyric and photo source: koala's playground

No comments: