Thursday 18 October 2012

Downton Abbey Season Three!

Downton Abbey Season Three


I cannot believe I'm a month's late for this! But better late than never. Ladies and Gents, just a shortie to tell you that I've just watched Downton Abbey Season 3 Episode 1 where Mary Crawley is married to Matthew Crawley. Yay!

For those who are not familiar with Downton Abbey, here's the Wiki link. I've seen Seasons One and Two and I was so addicted, I practically remembered major lines there! Practically from Lady Grantham (Dame Maggie Smith) who is now the favourite matron and grandmother of many period drama fans! Suffice to say, I want to be as cool as her when I grow old. Lady Grantham rocks! Oh, but she Lady Grantham has Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine) - her in law - as her sparring partner this season. I see intriguing banters ahead! Who says that the excitement of Downton Abbey is only in watching Mary-Matthew, Sybill-Branson or Edith-Anthony Strallan? Not that those are not exciting; they are. But to me, the star of Downton has always been Dame Maggie Smith's Lady Grantham!




See below for 10 top quirky moments of Lady Grantham in Season One (and this is just Season One, mind you. There's more to it in Season Two!):



 Now, this is the Maggie Smith moments for Season Two. Quirkier than ever!




Click this to watch Season 3 Ep 1.

My favourite moment was of course another Maggie Smith scene, where poor Tom Branson delivered a patriotic speech of why he wasn't comfortable wearing a colonialist morning coat for Matthew's wedding. After Tom voiced his opinions, Lady Grantham just asked, 'Are you done?' When the flabbergasted Tom said yes, she calmly said, 'Good. Get the coat.' (or something like that, I just watched it once)

LOL! And when Matthew came and asked if Tom didn't have any say in this, Lady Grantham just said, 'No he doesn't, and neither do you.'

ROTFLOL! No one beats Lady Grantham!

Onwards with Episode Two now...

No comments: