Saturday 28 October 2017

'Midsummer Showery Rain' - an Okada Masaki MV



I made this MV because I wonder how Yamada Haruhiko’s love story could be. Chiisana Kyojin wasn’t a series about love, hence we only had Kosaka-Misa’s relationship there. Given that Yamada is a very career-oriented person, I imagine he would have broken the hearts of some women… or he himself was broken-hearted because of his decision. When I was shifting through Okada Masaki’s old movies, I found that Matataki (with Kitagawa Keiko) could fit the story if I altered it (big time – chronologically). Hence this MV, featuring Kitagawa Keiko’s character as a past love that Yamada left behind to pursue his career, yet she was also the one who never left his heart.

YouTube and Daiymotion rejected this MV (because of Utada Hikaru’s beautiful song I think). Thus I could only post it in Vimeo, and partly (140 sec) in Twitter as well. I adapted the lyrics translation by Nakari Amane (beautiful, beautiful translation, by the way). I post the adapted translation below the break. I hope you like it. If you can’t view Vimeo, I have uploaded the MV in three parts in Twitter, and they are embedded below the break.

Oh yeah, I borrowed Aoki Ikkō's scene when he woke up from his sensual dream in Himitsu 2016. I should make a specific Aoki MV, right? Many Okada-sama's fans these days seem to split between loving him or loving Yamada, hehehehehehe! (Update: the Aoki Ikkō MV is here!)



Re: the title, I fiddled a lot with it before I was convinced that “通り雨” (tōri ame) in 真夏の通り雨 (manatsu no tōri ame) indeed means “shower”, as in, the sudden burst of rain. To differentiate it with the usual bathroom shower, I used “showery rain” instead of just “shower” in the title.

Part 1 (Twitter):



Part 2 (Twitter):




Part 3 (Twitter, Final):





Midsummer Showery Rain
Written and sung by Utada Hikaru

真夏の通り雨
宇多田ヒカル

Romaji

Yume no tochū de me wo samashi
Mabuta tojite mo modorenai
Sakki made senmei datta sekai
Mo maboroshi

Asebanda watashi wo
Sotto dakiyosete
Takusan no hajimete wo
Fukaku kizanda

Yureru wakaba ni
Te wo nobashi
Anata ni
Omoihaseru toki
Itsu ni nattara
Kanashiku naku naru
Oshiete hoshī

Kyō watashi wa hitori janai shi
Sorenari ni shiawase de
Kore de ii nda to
Iikikaseteru kedo

Katenu sen ni
Iki kirashi
Anata ni mi wo kogashita hibi
Wasurechattara
Watashi ja naku naru
Oshiete
Tadashii
Sayonara no shikata wo

Dare ka ni te wo nobashi
Anata ni
Omoihaseru toki
Ima anata ni
Kikitai koto ga ippai
Afurete afurete

Kigi ga mebuku
Tsukihi meguru
Kawaranai kimochi wo
Tsutaetai
Jiyuu ni naru jiyuu ga aru
Tachitsukusu
Miokuri bito no kage

Omoide tachi ga fui ni watashi wo
Ranbou ni tsukande
Hanasanai
Aishitemasu
Nao mo fukaku
Furiyamanu
Manatsu no tōriame

Yume no tochuu de me wo samashi
Mabuta tojite mo modorenai
Sakki made
Anata ga ita mirai
Tazunete ashita e

Zutto yamanai yamanai ame ni
Zutto ienai ienai kawaki


English translation (Beautifully translated by Nakari Amane)

I wake up halfway through my dream
And I can't return even if I close my eyes
A lucid world I saw just now,
is already a phantom

I am sweaty all over my body
and you gently embrace me
You were the one who deeply engraved
so many first experiences into my heart

I reach out my hand
to those swaying new leaves
Time when
I entrust my feelings to you
Please tell me
when will I no longer
feel sad about that?

I'm not alone today
I feel happy like this
I'm fine this way
I say that to convince myself, but

My breath runs out
in this helpless battle
I fear I would no longer be myself
if I ended up forgetting all the days
when I was yearning for your love
Please tell me
the proper way
to bid farewell to you

Someone reaches out their hand to me
Time when
I entrust my feelings to you
Right now, there are so many questions
I want to ask you,
They keep spilling and overflowing

Trees start to bud, time passes
I want to convey
my never changing feelings

Freedom is here in order to be free
The shadows of those who sent us off
are standing still

Memories violently grasp me
and won't let me go
I love you,
more deeply in love with you
The unceasing
Midsummer showery rain

I wake up halfway through dream
And I can't return even if I close my eyes
I’ll search for the future where you were just now

In the midst of never-ever ceasing rain
My thirst will never-ever be quenched


Kanji & Kana

真夏の通り雨
宇多田ヒカル

作詞:宇多田ヒカル
作曲:宇多田ヒカル

夢の途中で目を覚まし
瞼閉じても戻れない
さっきまで鮮明だった世界
もう幻

汗ばんだ私を
そっと抱き寄せて
たくさんの初めてを
深く刻んだ

揺れる若葉に
手を伸ばし
あなたに
思い馳せる時
いつになったら
悲しくなくなる
教えてほしい

今日私は一人じゃないし
それなりに幸せで
これでいいんだと
言い聞かせてるけど

勝てぬ戦に
息切らし
あなたに身を焦がした日々
忘れちゃったら
私じゃなくなる
教えて 
正しい
サヨナラの仕方を

誰かに手を伸ばし
あなたに
思い馳せる時
今あなたに
聞きたいことがいっぱい
溢れて 溢れて

木々が芽吹く 
月日巡る
変わらない気持ちを
伝えたい
自由になる自由がある
立ち尽くす 
見送りびとの影


愛してます 
尚も深く
降り止まぬ 
真夏の通り雨

夢の途中で目を覚まし
瞼閉じても戻れない
さっきまで
あなたがいた未来
たずねて 明日へ

ずっと止まない止まない雨に
ずっと癒えない癒えない渇き
降り止まぬ 
真夏の通り雨

夢の途中で目を覚まし
瞼閉じても戻れない
さっきまで
あなたがいた未来
たずねて 明日へ

ずっと止まない止まない雨に
ずっと癒えない癒えない渇き



No comments: